Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. What is Fixed Wireless? A. Fixed wireless service transmits the HighSpeed signal to the customer using our broadcast towers and external recievers mounted at the customer location. It uses a range of radio frequencies and provides a very flexible method of service delivery. Fixed Wireless is Capable of up to 140Mbps at 10Km, or about three times the maximum speed of DSL (50Mbps) at 10 times the range of that DSL service speed.
- Q. So it's like Wifi ? A. All of our HighSpeed Services are Wifi compatible; the customer just needs to plugin a Wifi router. However the Fixed Wireless service is delivered to the customer location using one of two technologies that are optimized for outdoor use- 4G or TDMA - which one we use depends on some very technical stuff, but niether one is like Wifi.
- Q. My friends have Fixed Wireless with company XYZ and say it's terrible - why would I want that ? A. Any technology deployed improperly will not be able to meet the customer expectation. goZoom's knowledge and experience enables us to deliver Fixed Wireless connections that will be every bit as reliable as any other technology including DSL or even Fibre.
- Q. My friends with company XYZ say it gets so SLOW at peak times that they can hardly even use it. They called XYZ and were told that the Company does that on purpose -it is part of thier "Fair Access Policy"! Do you do that ? A. We do not intentionally slow down the customer for any reason. We do attempt to expedite the delievery of data that is more important like Voice and game packets.
- Q. Can I stream with this ? Can I game with this ? A. Yes and Yes. With Streaming the resolution of what you are watching directly relates to the bandwidth required. So, as long as the service Tier you are subscribed to is fast enough to support the resolution of the Stream you want to watch it works perfectly. Gaming typically requires a low ping, our ping is similar to that of DSL or Cable in most areas.